About the Law School

Established in 1887, the Faculty of Law is one of the oldest professional faculties at the University of Toronto, with a long and illustrious history.

Today, it is one of the world's great law schools, a dynamic academic and social community with more than 50 full-time faculty members and 15-25 distinguished short-term visiting professors from the world's leading law schools, as well as 600 undergraduate and graduate students.

The Faculty's rich academic programs are complemented by its many legal clinics and public interest programs, and its close links to the Faculty's more than 6,000 alumni, who enjoy rewarding careers in every sector of Canadian society and remain involved in many aspects of life at the law school.

Housed in two beautiful, historic buildings, the Faculty also features modern facilities, including the renowned, high-technology Bora Laskin Law Library.

Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada's largest city, the law school is near a wide variety of attractions including the Royal Ontario Museum, which is next door.